Friday, May 22, 2015

Yay it's May!!!

Hello!

I thought I'd link up with Shelley at Little House In The Corner for her WIP-along!! She seems to have just as many WIPs as I do so here are mine....

First up, a jersey for a family member. I knitted a jersey for him a few years back but he's lost some weight since then so it got kinda big and baggy. My amazing mother unpicked the entire thing (and it was BIG so hats off to her - she's got oodles of patience)! Now I have the task of reknitting it into a garment that actually fits him. I'm using an old Wendy Aran pattern that I've had for some years - I've made at least 2 before so I know the pattern well. I couldn't find it on the internet but it's cables (of course) and moss stitch.  I'm not very far with it as you can see. The yarn is actually a smoky green colour but the photo looks more grey...... will keep you posted.


Next up is a mini-shawl (I think they call them 'shawlettes') that is for moi. I needed something in grey just to keep my neck warm on chilly mornings and this pattern is super easy. I'm doing it in a solid colour tho. My camera clearly doesn't like grey or green .... this looks blue!


Last WIP is this that I'm making for myself. Also in a dusty grey yarn (I'm clearly in the 'grey' zone at the moment) .... I'm a bit further on this one - this is one of the fronts...


So there are my current WIPs. Have you got any you would like to share? If so, pop over to Shelley and link up.

Have a great weekend!
Til soon.
xxx



1 comment:

  1. Love you W.I.P's Laura. Thanks for popping by my blog & joining in the fun.
    How wonderful to re purpose an old knit into a new one, what a fab idea. I haven't been knitting long enough to have some old ones to do this with just yet. haha. look forward to your progress next week (if you can join in).
    Sx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave me a message...