Sunday, June 22, 2014

Miss Potter's Shawl

Do you remember recently I was whittering on about shawls and Miss Potter? Well, I put hook to yarn and made this ....


I've called her Miss Potter and I have to say that I'm rather proud of her as she was completely random with very little planning and just flew off the hook! The colours are all favourites of mine and altho I think the blue is a tad bright, in general I think they all work pretty well together.


The edging is just a shell cluster which keeps to the simplicity of the shawl. I didn't want to go with anything too fancy after all, this is a shawl designed for tramping across the Lake District.... or at least around my garden looking for kindling!


I used Vinnis Serina which is a locally produced 100% bamboo yarn. The drape is fantastic and the colour range second to none. You can see it here. I've worked with this yarn for quite a few projects now and it really is stunning. I have a feeling there'll be a few more of these shawls coming off the hook pretty soon. Here's a last look at Miss Potter draped across the back of a chair just waiting to be worn. My beauty.....


I've put up her details on my Ravelry page so please pop over and have a look. She was really easy and a joy to make!

Til soon.
xxx








2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful shawl. Love your color selections!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's lovely, Laura! Always so nice when projects fly off the hook and seamlessly match the idea one has had in one's head. Looks nice and lightweight too for your glorious South African climate. Enjoy every minute of wearing her! E x

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave me a message...