Monday, April 23, 2012

My Life in Colour!!!! 3KCBWDAY1

Hello!

This is my first post as part of the Knitting and Crochet Blog Week hence the unique tag code in the title! The subject was Colour Lovers so here goes..... 

Colour for me has always been about mood. I ‘see’ moods in colours so when I choose a palette for a project it will definitely reflect how I’m feeling at that time. A few years ago I went to a colour consultant who spent time with me going through various colours and shades and then worked out which of them suited me and which I should steer clear of. It was an amazing experience and if you can, I would strongly recommend you have it done. It confirmed to me that I’m Autumnal and this is my palette of choice.


However, I also lean towards the Summer palette which looks like this.


I think I like it because it's got those lovely sludgy colours and gorgeous berry reds! Apparently you are more likely to be drawn to the palettes either side of your own than one at the opposite end of the spectrum.

The Winter pallet is very similar to the Summer one but there's more white and no purples or lilacs. There are also stronger shades of blue!


And finally the Spring palette which reminds me of my mum. These are all her colours and on her they look simply fab!


I have to say that in recent years I've been wearing lots of lime green which isn't in the Autumn palette but somehow it suits me. Perhaps because now I live in South Africa I have more of a tan so it's become a colour I can wear but I guess there are exceptions to every rule.

When I think back to all the jerseys I've knitted and all the crochet I've recently done, the autumnal tones definitely stand out. My winter wardrobe is mainly chocolate brown, berry red and deep green. I can't imagine wearing really bright colours in the winter although I admire people that can - they cheer up even the gloomiest day!

So, that’s me. Autumn Annie. I love all those burnt oranges, deep sludgy browns, greys and reds. But then autumn and winter are my favourite seasons so it’s not surprising that I like their colours.  As an interesting aside, apparently people who are autumn or winter have a tendency to be crafters and enjoy working with wool. I wonder if that’s true? What pallete are you? I'd love to know.

Til soon.
x

6 comments:

  1. I'd love to visit a colour consultant. I tend to stick to autumn colours, but as I've got older I've been wearing brighter colours. Depends on my mood - usually!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister had also her type determined and I've been wanting to do it ever since. I guess I'm autumn just like you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really interesting post Laura... I think I may be a bit springy! Hugs, Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too had a colour consultation done and it was definitely money well worth spending. I used a colour-me-beautiful consultant and they subdivide the 4 seasons into a further 3 schemes each. Autumn is dividd into soft autumn, deep autumn and warm autumn. you won't believe how different the colour palettes for these are. i am deep autumn and a lime green makes up part of the palette!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can remember going to a colour-me-beautiful thing years ago at a local church....infact, I think it was my Mum who went and I was too young to stay home alone. I was a spring as I recall.....but I seem to remember them saying at the time, that it is something that changes as you get older and your hair colour and skin tone change, and I guess that also fits with moving to a different climate where your skin tone changes too. Colour is so different on different people isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never thought about this formally, but I reckon (being a vegetable-gardening enthusiast) that my favourite colours must be grey-green (Kale), Purple (Broccoli) and red (Chilli), so perhaps I'm an Autumn too?

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave me a message...